Friday, January 23, 2009

Just a Girl and her Dog

One day when this world goes away, I'm going to remember the love you gave.  

I'm going to remember when you slipped out of your collar and how you made us chase you down the street.

I'm going to remember the way you bit me and made me cry when we first met.

I'm going to remember how your extra toes dangle when you run.

I'm going to remember how all the fur you shed broke the swimming pool motor.

I'm going to remember how you make me fall on the ground and scraped my knees and elbows as you chased a bunny.

I'm going to remember how you chased the two boys and you made me fall and my shoes fell off and we had to chase you around the park in the mud to catch you.

I'm going to remember the way you make me feel when nothing seems right.  How you would put your paw on my leg in a way telling me to "snap out of it."  How you would roll over on your belly.  How you would drool all over the place.  The way you are at dog parks...wandering all alone and not playing with the other dogs.

You are still a young girl Happy but I dont ever want to forget.  

1 comment:

yunsok said...

really cute photo...you can see so much just in the shadows. so somber...