Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Being Sick Sucks/Russian Blue Breed Profile

Is it only Tuesday?  I have been sick this whole weekend and I'm finally OK enough to be back at work.  
This it Happy Junior.  Well, not really.  He's from the pet store at the mall.  He's a Great Pyrenees/Anatolian Shepherd mix.  SO freaking cute.  I wanted him so bad but I remembered there are so many dogs at shelters that need homes too (and also he cost a whooping $1099.00)  kind of out of my budget.

Anyways, Christmas time is pure madness.  I love it but at the same time its crazy making.  I can see how easy it is to forget the true meaning of Christmas in all the present buying, gift wrapping, mall going, having parties, and house decorating.  But its moments like this when I'm sitting at my blog that I can have a peaceful moment to remember the reason for the season.

**** snowflakes ****

Here's my cat Arnica making her nest in the tinsel I bought to decorate.  She cracks me up.  She was burying herself in it and being all cute.  

Here is a Breed Profile on the Russian Blue Cats:
Little is known about the origin of the Russian Blue, however, stories and legends abound.  Many believe the Russian Blue is a natural breed originating from the Archangel Isles in Northern Russia.  Legend has these beautiful animals were trapped for their plush double coats. Rumor also has the Russian Blue as a descendant of the Royal Cat of the Russian Czars and as a favored pet of the Queen Victoria.

The Russian Blue is a gentle, affectionate cat easily distinguished from other breeds.  One of the most outstanding features is the short, dense coat of an even bright blue color with each hair dipped in silver.  The silver tipping gives the Russian Blue a silvery sheen that can be appreciated in natural light.  The body of the Russian Blue is fine boned (not Arnica, she's fat), long, and firmly muscled (maybe underneath all that fat?)

Disposition:  They are quiet, clean cats (yes, Arni is very clean), who are playful and loving companions.  Despite their shy natura, they are devoted and quite affectionate toward their loved ones (So true!)  Sensitive to the mood of the house, Russians will "clown" to quiet a crying baby or sit patting your face to chase away the blues.

This is interesting:  While the R.B. may at first glance look like any other grey cat, a more careful look will show them to have a special appearance all their own.  They have been said to look as if they are smiling and that the reason for that smile is known only to themselves.

If you want to read the whole profile, here is the link I got the info from:  Russian Blue

1 comment:

yunsok said...

happy junior. i juxtaposed their photos and it seriously looks like it could have been her.